This feature requires Watu PRO version 5.1.7 or newer and can be used on quizzes that require user log in. The idea is that when user retakes the quiz they won’t see questions already answered in a previous attempt (even if same question was used in another quiz).
The setting will be available on quizzes that meet ALL of the following criteria:
- The quiz requires user log in (before version 5.1.7 more criteria were required)
Be careful with this setting and the number of attempts you allow on a quiz. If the user answers all the questions in previous attempts, they will again end up with a quiz with no questions at some point. In such case the user will be shown a message”There are no questions to answer. Looks like you have already answered them all! “. You may want to avoid this by controlling the number of questions and number of attempts. Especially watch out for cases when multiple quizzes reuse the same pool of questions.
The quiz plugin WatuPRO just hit version 5.1. Below is the list of changes and improvements between 5.0 and 5.1:
- New mode for grades calculation: when you select to calculate quiz grades by percent you can also choose whether to calculate percent of correct answers or percent points achieved from the maximum possible points. This gives you greater flexibility for quizzes with more complicated and versatile questions.
- Honeypot field option is available against spam bot submissions. Using a “honey pot” is a lot less obtrusive than captchas because it does not require the end user to do anything, while the efficiency is almost the same. You can enable the new feature from the Edit Quiz -> General Settings tab.
- A new field on the Grades form lets you specify URL where to redirect the user upon achieving the grade. The old option to use the grade title as URL still works, but is less convenient.
- Added mass activate / mass deactivate buttons on the Manage Questions page.
- New quiz taking counter shortcode lets you show how many attempts are allowed total or left for the current user on a given quiz. The shortcode is watupro-quiz-attempt, see the internal Help page for usage examples.
- The Quiz categories table will now show who each category is accessible to (roles or user groups).
- Added %%CATEGORY-PERCENTAGEOFMAX-X%% variable to manually display the % from maximum points collected on a category.
- New shortcode lets you display a simplified version of the “View results” page of a quiz on the front-end. You’ll find the shortcode for each quiz on its “View results” page in admin.
- [Intelligence module] Now in personality quizzes the points given to answers can be used to give more weight to a selected answer-to-personality match. By default each match counts as one point.
- [Intelligence module] New option lets you turn the blank spaces in “Fill the gaps” question into drop-down selectors. More info at http://blog.calendarscripts.info/turn-multiple-answer-gaps-into-drop-downs-watupro-intelligence-module-v-5-0-2/
- [Intelligence module] The Match / Matrix questions have been fully reworked with a new UI. The new interface is more user-friendly and works better on mobile devices. The old legacy format can still be used but we won’t provide technical support for it.
- [Intelligence module] The Dependencies section now supports all or any mode (i.e. you can require all dependencies to be satisfied or just one of them).
- [Intelligence module] The expand-personality-result shortcode now accepts argument “chart” to produce a basic bar chart.
- [Reporting Module] The user Overview page now shows total points and avg. % correct answer.
- Grade management editor made smaller so you can see more of the grades on screen
- Critical bug fix for WP 4.4: After updating to WP 4.4 on some installations submitting a quiz let to a database error and the results were not submitted.
- Fixed bug: after introducing multi-quiz certificates, the regular certificates were always issued to non-logged in users.
- Fixed bugs with dependencies in Intelligence module: “any” mode worked correctly only when the first dependency was satisfied. The locked-test info did not show correctly satisfied dependencies with % correct answers mode.
- Fixed bug: when “Ask for contact” field label contained an apostrophe the whole setting was not properly saved.
- Fixed bug: [Intelligence module] when sending email for editing submitted quiz details the email contents did not have proper line breaks.
- Fixed bug [Intelligence module]: in fill the gaps questions. When multiple correct answers were given without “dropdown mode” selected the last answer was not properly recognized as correct.
- Fixed bug [Intelligence module]: the exact answer feedback did not work on Slider questions.
- Fixed bug [Intelligence module]: slider questions did not work in “no ajax” mode.
- Fixed bug [Intelligence module]: When “Reveal the correct answers on unanswered and wrongly answered fields in “Fill the gaps” questions” was chosen, the answers were revealed even in the %%UNRESOLVED%% variable.
As usual: customers eligible for free updates have received them via the newsletter. If your free upgrades subscription has expired you will be able to renew for another year with 60% discount. Please contact us for promo code if you did not receive the newsletter.
This new feature requires WatuPRO 5.1 and the Play Plugin v. 1.9.8.
It’s actually quite simple and we surprised ourselves that nobody asked for it earlier. It gives you the option to restrict access to a quiz based on levels that user have achieved in the Play Plugin.
How does it work?
- The quiz must require user login
- There should be some levels defined in the Play plugin
- Go to Edit Quiz -> User and Email Related Settings tab and you’ll find an option to restrict the access to this quiz based on the user level:
If you don’t select any level, the quiz will be accessible to all logged in users (unless other things like dependencies have been defined). If you do, there will be a message that this quiz requires you to have certain level to access it . Simple.