This post will address some of the most common questions / support requests we get about emailing results:
Results are not mailed at all
In this case please check:
- Have you selected them to be mailed at all
- Please have in mind that our plugin only instructs your WordPress installation to send emails. It doesn’t handle the technical side of sending them. So if you have problems sending emails you most likely have to talk to your hosting support or server admin. But here is a super-short guide that will most probably help you resolve your issue:Install WP Mail SMTP or Postman SMTP, set the sender name and email and select “PHP Mail” as sending mode. Try to send a test mail to yourself. If this email is sent properly, please contact us to have a look. If this email is not sent or goes to junk box, the problem is in your installation. You have two options:
- Contact your hosting support for help
- Switch to SMTP email sending and enter SMTP details. If emails start going out, you are all set – WatuPRO mailing will also work. If even SMTP test email does not get sent you absolutely should talk to your hosting support. Please do not contact us in this case until your mailing issue is resolved.
- Note that some email servers may block outgoing emails if the sender email address is different than the SMTP account email. Make sure both are the same and test again.
I don’t see the correct / incorrect checkmarks in the email
- You can disable showing correct/incorrect checkmarks from the “Advanced settings” page for the quiz. Please make sure you have not done this.
- Many email client programs by default do not show graphics in emails. For example in Gmail you have to click “Show graphics from firstname.lastname@example.org” to make the graphics show. From version 188.8.131.52 you can choose to use textual symbols instead of graphical checkmarks on emailed results. You can do this from the WatuPRO Settings page, section Design Theme and Adjustments
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 (and maybe other versions) has bug and doesn’t show .png images so it won’t show the correct/incorrect checkmarks. This is a bug in Outlook, not in our software. More info here.
There are “funny” characters in the email
WatuPRO emails are generated and sent in UTF8 which is the modern international format for email. Some old email programs are not configured for UTF8 by default. To reduce the number of users who experience problems with their email clients you’d better avoid pasting text from Word. Its weird apostrophes and dashes will often come as “funny” characters when UTF8 is not supported.
If you are using the quiz in a non-English language that uses special charactes (like German, or entirely non-Latin languages) then having UTF8 enabled client is a must. Most non-English users have that anyway.
For problems that are not listed above or not resolved after following the instructions you are welcome to contact support.